Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Don't tell me how to live

Don’t speak to me of accomplishments
Or moving on with the same gusto.
I am just hanging in there
Burning the debris of sentiments
Scribbling a new manifesto.

It’s been a crazy year
And a crazier one before that.
It takes time to resurrect
Time to assimilate,
The world isn’t flat.

Don’t speak to me of love
Or the possibility even
There was a time for dreams
A time, when I was really driven.
The candle light has lost its sheen
And ‘foolish twice’ is not forgiven.

I am no Cinderella lost to cynicism
Just a woman trying not to lose.
Don’t tell me ‘how to’ live
Coz when it comes to survival
You don’t get to choose.

1 comment:

Crimson Feet said...

fuck.... touching!

my words, by the virtue of their mere existence, seem doomed to undermine the sentiments of this poem... hence i apologise for saying anything at all...

i wish u some strength.. loads of liquor and boys... and any fuckin which way... a rocking life ahead!!